Road to Outsourcing App Development
A skilled mobile app developer for your business can be collaborated with over the internet from anywhere in the world using remote development technologies. The portfolio and costs involved are important, but it is equally important to establish clear communication lines and have enforceable contracts. Also, crossing over geographic boundaries to employ remote teams, awareness of the work culture is pertinent and app development strategies must be framed after understanding the wider implications of the same.
To get great work done by developers, the onus lies on the business too to convey exactly what they need. Here are some approaches you can employ while collaborating with an outsourced development team.
- Speak with the developers directly – To ensure that the developers fully understand the requirement and connect with your business goals at a primary level and put their complete efforts in ensuring its successful completion. You can explain different aspects of your projects, including challenges and ideas. You can also get their feedback and understand their areas of interest in the project, like integration of new technologies. It is essential that the developer is as invested in your project as you are to get the best results.
- Assess their portfolio. A good developer must also have excellent U/UX skills. When looking at their portfolio, keep an eye out for beautiful looking apps with excellent user interfaces. Sixty percent of your application is about how a user interacts with it.
- Keep communication channels open – Whether it is a voice call or video conference, ensure that you are in loop on every small or big decision taken with regard to the project. Making a personal visit to the client-site adds impetus as personal interaction establishes trust and clears communication channels.
- Keep the complete project plan ready before approaching the Developer – Before scouting for an outsourcing company prepare a complete draft of the project and aspects of the mobile application. This way you can convey your vision with clarity and the project can be started and completed without delays and there will be no dichotomy in goals, which will help in negotiations.
- Think of the whole package, not just the coding. Building an app is not just about coding. It’s also about creating a functional design and thinking about the user experience. Do not select an independent developer unless you already have access to a team who will perform the rest of the functions such as design, usability and testing.
- Offer equity on the application – You can offer equity in the application and share project profits to ensure personal investment in the project’s success.
Whether it is an internal team or an external team, your proactive involvement, motivation and support will ensure all-round success of the project. Before hiring mobile or web developer, you should consider and check all above points.